Friday, February 11

Exposé # 1



I savor the delicate places in my heart where love has taken up residence and the way it makes me smile when I think of it.
I savor the vibrant morsels of ethnic cuisine that transport me to places that I've never traveled.
I savor the precious moments that I spend with my mother and sister when we do what sisters and daughters do.
I savor the leap that occurs in my spirit each time I step into a classroom to learn about the likes of Murray Bowen, Salvador Minuchin and Virginia Satir.
I savor the ever-gentle kindness that has been imparted to me by dear friends and true loves.

Listen the first time! Better to get it right the first time than to repeat the lesson over, and over and over again. 

Wow! I pretend I am a neo-soul singer. *singing loud and off-key* I always say, I didn't receive the gift of a beautiful voice because God knew I would abuse it. 

I love the time we spend together at my mother's home on New Year's Day. Each year we meet at her house, right after church (or wherever people are coming from) for a late night/early morning breakfast (around 1:00 am). The spread includes everything from shrimp and grits to fresh toast casserole. It's the last cheat meal before the New Years goals kick in.

I reminisce on the times when I wasn't centered and how I felt during those times. I remind myself that I have a great purpose to fulfill. My thoughts always find their way back to balance.

Love. There is no greater gift than love. Further, I received the gift of learning how to love. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving. :-)

Success resides in fulfilling the purpose of your existence. We all have one. We just have to find it. This is the road to success. You will know it when you find it.

This is a loaded question... let's see if I can't answer concisely, as the lessons are many. 
- I don't have all of the answers.
- People value my advice.
- I construct realities in my head that do not exist.
- I am loved.
- Some things are better left unsaid.

Absolutely. I feel it everyday. I know that the calling upon my life to help others achieve their full potential is great. I am often overwhelmed by the things that God reveals to me. In terms of "special"...well, it's special because it was given to me (and only me) to achieve. That doesn't mean that it will occur in a vacuum, but the initial responsibilities are often revealed to me first.

"Til next time...être bien!

0 comments:

Post a Comment