Monday, February 14

2011 is the Year of Love!

A confirmation gift given to me by a 
friend.
*cue the harp, horns and African drums*
Consider this a public service announcement... 2011 is the YEAR OF LOVE! If I had started this blog on January 1st this would have been my very first post. But, since I didn't, you are receiving the news a bit late. Perhaps, love has already found you.  

Have you ever had that feeling that something's brewing? A feeling that something good is about to happen but you just can't put your finger on it? Well, I have that feeling my dears. Love ushered in this year with a number of wedding engagements (for friends), fresh new beginnings and lifted spirits. This is a vast difference from years past (especially the past two) when people were making every attempt to keep their heads above water. The downturn of the economy had an effect on more than just purse strings. The hearts of many were broken and tested by an instant change of lifestyle. Others found out the answer to Tina's question of "what's love got to do with it?” 

For some, the struggles of unemployment, reduced income and all that the downturn has introduced, may not be over. However, it is my most sincere belief that love awaits us in this new year, regardless of circumstance. I am not only referring to romantic love (I certainly believe that awaits me) but a deeper understanding, sharing and receiving of all love.  

My confidence lies in my own commitment to seed more love. I am convinced that love is indeed the greatest gift one can give to another. Love is powerful. It can blind you to the imperfections of others and heal you from the experiences of those imperfections. Love is contagious, captivating and mesmerizing. It is our greatest friend and our closest companion. Will you allow love to change your life this year?

"Til next time...Happy Valentine's Day and être bien!


0 comments:

Post a Comment